In 2007, the City Development Agency Banja Luka established a Centre for Small Business (CMB) as part of its development sector. Establishing the CMB is a result of the implementation of project “Establishment of the Centre for Small Business of Banja Luka” in cooperation with the Danish Refugee Council and project “Local Democratic Governance for Return and Reconstruction”.
The CMB was established in order to become the main city centre for the support to the development of small business (crafts, handicraft business, services) which, through their activities, will affect the decrease of unemployment rate, especially concerning the most vulnerable categories (disabled people, women, demobilised veterans, elder people fit for work, etc.).
• Registration of activities – steps, documents and procedure
• Professional advice – starting up and developing a company
• Sources of financing to start up a business – incentives, development programmes, loans, projects and programmes
• Elaboration of business plans
• Market research, preparation of marketing plans
• Designing products and penetrating to markets
• Development of a company – new ideas, innovations, technologies
• Specialised training programmes
• Promotion – organisation of exhibitions and appearances in trade fair shows and the preparation of catalogues and promotional materials
• Associating, networking, clusters
• Preparation of joint projects