The process of obtaining permits in the Republic of Srpska by the adoption of the new Law on Spatial Planning and Construction (“Official Gazette of the Republic of Srpska” No. 55/10) has made the following improvements:
- Simplified procedure
- Deadlines for obtaining a building permit
- Reduced costs due to the abolition of urban compliance.
Competent authority: City Administration Banja Luka – Department of Economy
Building permits issued at the local level:
Competent authority: City Administration Banja Luka – Department for Physical Planning
All information for obtaining a building permit can be obtained at the LICENSE CENTER of the Department for Spatial Planning
Guides through the process of obtaining building permits
Building permits issued at the republic level:
Competent authority: Ministry of Physical Planning, Construction and Ecology of Republika Srpska
- Issuance of location conditions within the competence of the Ministry (pursuant to Article 50 of the Law on Spatial Planning and Construction)
- Grant approval for construction from the Ministry’s jurisdiction
- Issue of a license for use within the competence of the Ministry
For projects that may have an environmental impact with respect to their nature, size or location, an environmental impact assessment must be carried out and a decision on the approval of the environmental impact assessment under the Environmental Protection Law
You can see the complete procedure for issuing an environmental permit here.