Erasmus+ is the EU’s program to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad.
The aim of Erasmus+ is to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for growth, jobs, social equity and inclusion, as well as the aims of ET2020, the EU’s strategic framework for education and training.
Specific issues tackled by the programme include:
- Reducing unemployment, especially among young people
- Promoting adult learning, especially for new skills and skills required by the labour market.
- Encouraging young people to take part in European democracy
- Supporting innovation, cooperation and reform
- Reducing early school leaving
- Promoting cooperation and mobility with the EU’s partner countries
This program also contributes to development of equality and inclusion of the participants with disadvantages such as:
- Disability (mental and physical)
- Educational difficulties
- Economic obstacles
- Cultural differences
- Health problems
- Social obstacles (ethnical, racial, sex affiliation etc.)
- Geographical obstacles (rural areas, remote islands etc.)
This program supports transnational partnerships that are active in the following areas: education, training, youth and sport.
It is set to last until 2020.
Contact spot BiH
Phone: +387 33 570 260
Fax: +387 33 570 261
More information can be found on the following web sites: